MakeMKV is an application which offers a very simple way to create high defition MKV files from discs such as Blu-ray and DVD.
Using the program involves two steps: in the first step, the program will read data from a Blu-ray or DVD disc which has been inserted; in the second step, MakeMKV will allow you to choose which chapters, audio tracks and subtitles will be included in the ripping operation.
Depending on the speed of your PC and disc drive, it could take a while for your final MKV to be created but with modern hardware, it works at a respectable speed.
In addition to providing the functionality of creating an MKV file, it can also stream files via a local network.
Features and highlights
- Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD Plus
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
MakeMKV 1.16.3 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from cd ripper software without restrictions. MakeMKV 1.16.3 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.
- MakeMKV Download
- Freeware CD Ripper Software
- Major release: MakeMKV 1.16
- Video Converting Software